21 February 2014
February 14th was the first day of London Fashion Week - what a wet and rainy start!
As Tesco Opticians’ official LFW blogger, I braved the weather and headed down to Somerset House to seek out the most stand-out specs wearers, and prove that stylish specs are a must-have fashion accessory!
However horrendous the weather was, the city’s best dressed still rocked up in their most fabulous of outfits and styled out their umbrellas with ease – nobody, after all, wanted to wear the drowned rat look!
In between shows, I spotted some of the capital’s stand-out ‘FROWers’ (that’s industry speak for front row sitters) wearing some amazing eyewear, giving me some fabulous specs style inspiration! I also grabbed a few of the fashionistas hanging around the top shows to model some of the best frames Tesco Opticians have to offer. I ended up teaching this stylish lot a thing or two about how to accessorize their look with prescription frames – take a look at our glamour gallery below, which style would you pick?
TREND FORECAST AW’ 14
• Stand-out colours have the biggest impact. Matching frame colours with your outfit is a great way to make a statement.
• Tortoiseshell is still a favourite but new, updated colourways keep this traditional style fresh.
• The vintage look is big. Rounded specs (just like Retro 54's Retro 10 frame) are loved by the fashion crowd as they hark back to 40’s and 50’s style.
• Sports-luxe is big for the SS14 season and beyond, with sporty chic styles being a favourite
• Monochrome again is a big look this season and frames are a great way to wear this trend. Opt for plain black or frames with white sides.
‘I’m not afraid to wear statement specs and these cobalt blue frames are the must-have colour for this season. Don’t be scared to stand-out!’ - Kayla Hadlington
‘I have really bright blue hair but I love these sleek grey Retro 54 specs – they give a really unique, contrasting look.’ - Isabella from Candy Coated Fashion
‘I try to match my outfit colours to my specs, so am wearing deep tortoiseshell to complement my camel coat. Your frames are the first thing people see, so it’s important they look stylish!’ - Kiaran, Fashion Assistant
‘I’d never really thought specs could play such a good part in finishing off an outfit, but they really do. These baby pink Lipsy glasses match perfectly with my pink socks on show.’ - Chanelle Geraldine
Made in Chelsea star, Oliver Proudlock, teamed his horn rimmed retro-style glasses with a smart blue suit.
You can keep up to date with my day-to-day glasses posts at www.myglassesandme.co.uk or follow me on twitter @MyGlassesAndMe.